Are you walking through a tough season in your life? What if all the peace, joy, strength, and blessings you need are within your reach? What if you could learn to access them every single day?
Want to follow up on these concepts? Here are some great ideas flowing from the message:
1. Meet the River. The river is the presence and goodness of God, and we can come to God through faith in Jesus Christ. Here are some practical resources that will point you to him: https://manifestcalgary.com/explor…
2. Find the River. You can find the river in your life by declaring it by faith. Whatever you’re going through this week, say, “I may be _____________, but there is a river, the presence and goodness of God flowing through my life.”
3. Restore what you had. If you used to experience more of God’s presence, friendship, peace, and joy, you’re probably not doing what you used to do in order to experience that kind of intimacy. Did you spend more time talking to him? Listening? Studying the Bible? Confessing sin? Going to church? Do what you used to do to get back what you used to have.
4. Go deeper than ever before. God fills what we give him, so if you want more of him, you need to surrender more of yourself to him and take steps of faith you haven’t taken before. Is it more expressive worship? Sharing your faith? Forgiving someone who’s hurt you? Setting aside more time for him? If you want something you’ve never had, you need to do something you’ve never done.
In this message, Brad Huebert unveils the glory of a believer’s secret weapon in spiritual warfare: praising God in the midst of our struggles.
Would you like to follow up on this message? Psalm 96:8 says, “Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts.” This reminds us that praising God ushers us into his presence on a deeper level. It also gives us something to do: Ascribe. To ascribe means to attribute. As things happen in your life, part of your mental and spiritual health depends on who you give credit for what. When something good happens, praise God. When something bad happens, praise God that he’s still with you and will never forsake you. Find a way to ascribe him glory in everything!
In this message, Brad Huebert gives us a picture of what’s going on in the spiritual realm so we know how to resist the devil and his attacks and stand strong in our faith in Christ.
Want to follow through on this message? Here are some great ideas:
1. Read Colossians 3:1-14
2. Turn Colossians 3:1-14 into a prayer you declare out loud each morning
3. When you feel dark emotions, desires, or temptations coming at you, do what Colossians 3 says: Declare, “I see you and I reject you. I will not partner with you and I put you to death in Jesus’ name.”
In this message, Brad Huebert shares some of the supernatural stories from the highlight reel of Manifest’s history, along with a vision from God that began thousands of years ago. A vision that we can still walk into today.